Boxtor recently supplied an existing customer of ours with 4 x new custom built shipping containers to be used as open plan classroom/ storage facilities. Seaview yacht club is based in a small village on the Isle of Wight and they run summer sailing camps/ courses for local schools and the local community. Jon Curtis and Nick Hewitt of SVYC approached Boxtor to take on the modifications works for this particular job.
With our parent company having supplied SVYC with an existing 40ft container which was modified into a changing room facility and boat storage unit for sailing rigs/ foils and equipment, we were very grateful for the return business and wanted to ensure this job was carried out to the highest standards.
This project was done by cutting down 2 x 40ft high cube new containers into 3 x 20ft conve
3 x 20’ High cube converted containers (open plan classrooms) and 1 x 16’ High cube storage unit. All units with external electricity hook up. 2 x units with manual galvanised doors
- modify 1 x 40′ HC into two separate 20′ units
- modify 1 x 40′ HC into 1 x 20′ and 1 x 14′ unit
- retain original container doors
- blank total 3 x open 8′ ends with steel panels (welded)
- total fit 2 x number steel A/V 910 doors (will provide 850mm W opening)
- fit 1 x number high level fixed pane window
- fit 1 x number manual opening roller shutter (galv finish) – open 8′ end of the 14′ shell
- remove total 4 x number c. 17-18′ side panels, as requested, allowing customer to link/join 3 x number sections to form 24′ x 20′ open structure on-site
- All units repainted in RAL 6005 moss green.
The containers were then collected by a local Isle of Wight haulier and transported down to the isle of wight via ferry. These units were then posititioned on site at the clubs boat park facility, and steel panels were used to join/ link the containers on site. The three 20ft high cube units are now positioned together to create this open plan classroom. The other 16ft unit is positioned separately to enable access for additional storage.
“Thank you Dom & team. They look great and we are really happy with the standard of finish and entire ordering process”